There’s something about Azumi Boutique Hotel that rejuvenates the tired and restless. Named after the Japanese word for “safe house” or “safe residences,” Azumi is a consistent top-rater thanks to its consistently good service, and an altogether pleasant hotel experience.
If you need to take a minute to pamper yourself and to catch your breath, without breaking the bank, Azumi is the place to book.
What you’ll love at Azumi Boutique Hotel
Azumi Boutique Hotel opened in January 2014, with 187 rooms ready for service. The property exudes a well-designed atmosphere, that strikes both contemporary and vintage tones.
From the concrete exterior of the building, to the clean and curated rooms and lobby, Azumi is in the business of making guests feel the height of luxury, without being unapproachable or intimidating.
The décor is rightfully modern without being cold, and the fixtures surrounding the hotel are warm and detailed. It’s easy to feel right at home, here at Azumi Boutique Hotel.
The common rooms set the right tone, with modern designs amplified with black walls to give the idea of defined spaces.
The “Ecocarat” Tiles
All the rooms were also constructed with “ecocarat,” an interior ceramic material made by a Japanese company, in an effort to be environmentally-friendly.
Also called “breathing tiles,” Azumi Boutique Hotel makes sure that the ecocarat absorbs humidity, foul odors, and anything else that could harm the integrity of the building, ensuring a comfortable stay for guests.
Azumi Boutique Hotel offers plenty of rooms that can cater to every type of traveler, from solo hotel-goers, to families of four or five.
- Standard Twin Rooms are 269 square feet, and have two single beds.
- Queen Rooms have one Queen-sized bed (and depending on the unit you book, an extra sofa-bed), which can accommodate two-three people.
- King Rooms are 323 square feet and have a King-sized bed.
The remaining three units are the best for maximizing a truly relaxing get-away.
- Garden Rooms are great for bigger parties and have more space at the balcony. They’re 506 square feet and have one Queen-sized bed, plus an extra pullout upon request.
- Deluxe Double Rooms are 269 square feet and have two Queen-sized beds, but understandably smaller leg room to move around.
- Deluxe Double Queen Rooms are good for four people, with two Queen-sized beds.
When choosing a unit to book, do take note that all of Azumi’s rooms contain the same amenities. They differ only by the size of the rooms.
The amenities include a semi-furnished mini-kitchen (with microwave and fridge), an overhead, hot-and-cold shower, flat screen TV, balcony overlooking Alabang City, a functioning workstation/office desk, and two water bottles that can be replenished daily.
However, if you book a Superior Room, you will be located on a completely different floor. Your balcony will also have the addition of artificial grass, to pop with the warm red, orange, and white colors which accent your unit.
The Saltwater Infinity Lap Pool
Other amenities include the infinity lap pool—which strikes a beautiful backdrop of the Alabang-Muntinlupa area especially when the nightlights are on afterhours—the roof-deck bar, and the Azumi Nail Spa.
The Lap Pool is especially gorgeous, as it showcases a 360-degree view of the city. The conference room on the same floor also provides the same view of the city. (Note: Their swimming pool uses salt water, so management encourages guests to take a cleansing shower first, before dipping in!)
All guests can enjoy a free breakfast courtesy of the famous restaurant, Romulo Café. Extend all the way till lunch and enjoy both the retro-Manila interiors, and their signature dishes loved by everyone in the Metro.
When you’re here, try their sisig wraps, Tito Greg’s kare-kare, deboned crispy pata, twice-cooked chicken and pork adobo, and baby posit in garlic. Finish off your meal with their award-winning Mango Pavlova.
If you’re up for drinking by the pool at night, enjoy the FLOCK’s happy hour every day, with servings of bar chow and specialty tapas that are worth every penny.
The Nail Spa
The Azumi Nail Spa can complete your R&R weekend with affordable yet highly soothing spa services, from mani-pedis, to Aromatherapy Massages that can rival any high-end spa in Metro Manila. Their services end at 10PM every day.
Another additional service of Azumi Boutique Hotel are there delicious room service—also serviced by Romulo’s—with noteworthy dishes of chorizo longganisa and pork humba (to name a few).
Guests can also avail of Azumi’s highly convenient shuttle services that can take you from the hotel proper, to some of Alabang’s best retail centers and malls, including Alabang Town Center and Molito (though if you wish to walk, these two particular spots are only 5-10 minutes away, on foot).
There is free parking on the property, should you choose a private car as well.
- It is recommended that you call Azumi Nail Spa for a reservation in advance, so you can time it perfectly after a good dinner or a hearty lunch at Romulo’s first.
- The mini-bar offers surprisingly cheap menu options, unlike many chain hotels that charge hundreds for chips and soft drinks.
- Romulo’s Café is named after the former Foreign Secretary Carlos P. Romulo. His granddaughter, Sandie Squillantini, is the brainchild of the franchise. The recipes are from Virginia, Romulo’s wife, who had a unique take on the cuisine.
- The hotel does not have a fitness center, but staying here puts you in close proximity to an Elorde Boxing Gym nearby.
How to get there
Azumi Boutique Hotel is 30-minutes away from NAIA by car, and 5 minutes away from ATC and Molito, where you can get off and on bus or shuttle services. It is also highly accessible from the Alabang-Zapote Road.
- Address: 2205 Market Street, Madrigal Business Park, Phase III, Muntinlupa City, Alabang 1780