The island of Boracay has long been one of the most famous Philippine destinations. People from all over head to the tiny island for its powder-white sand, and unbeatable party scene. But if you want to make the most out of your trip, Boracay has a lot more to offer. Here are seven Boracay tourist spots that you should visit:
1. Puka Shell Beach
Puka Beach is a popular alternative to the party side of Boracay. Much different from the other parts of the island, the waves here can get a little choppy during the day. So, instead of the noise of party-goers, all you’ll hear are the natural sounds of nature.
It’s a good idea to pack some snacks, lay out a beach mat, and enjoy a picnic while waiting for the famous Boracay sunset.
- Type: Beach
- Location: Yapak, Malay, Aklan. Tricycles or boats going to Puka Shell Beach can be hired from White beach.
- Budget: FREE
- Activities: Picnic, snorkeling
2. Ariel’s Point
This Boracay gem is the perfect change of scenery from the Boracay you’re used to. Ariel’s point is most popular for their 15 meter high “diving boards” where adventure junkies can leap off to the clear waters below. But if you’re not up for the thrill, Ariel’s point is still worth the visit.
Despite its increasing popularity, this area has one of the clearest waters and richest marine life in Boracay. What’s best is the fee typically includes a buffet lunch, unlimited jumps, snorkeling, kayaking, and roundtrip transfers.
- Type: Eco-adventure resort
- Location: Batason, Buruanga, 5609 Aklan. Purchase a ticket from Ariel’s House in Station 1 where a boat leaves at 11:15am to Ariel’s point.
- Budget: Approx. 2000 per head
- Time: 1115am-5pm
- Activities: Cliff jumping, snorkeling, kayaking, swimming
3. Mount Luho
Rising 100 meters above sea level, Mount Luho is the highest point in the island. It’s the best spot to see the beauty of Boracay like never before.
- Type: Hill
- Location: Mount Luho, Malay, Aklan. Tricycles from any of the stations in Boracay can be hired to take you to the Mount Luho entrance.
- Budget: P120
- Activities: Hike
4. Crystal Cove
Crystal Cove is one of the must-visit island hopping destinations when you’re in Boracay. The private island is filled with mini coves, picturesque views, statues, and never ending photo op spots all over the island.
- Type: Cove/Island
- Location: 8am-5pm. Outrigger boats heading to Crystal Cove can be hired from Station 1. The island is only 15-20 minutes from the main island of Boracay.
- Budget: P200 (entrance fee)
- Activities: Swimming, take photos
5. Bulabog Beach
Also known as “back beach”, a visit to Bulabog is not the typical Boracay experience you would expect. Aside from the regular parties hosted on the island, Boracay is also popular for windsurfing and kitesurfing competitions. Even if you’re not familiar with the sport, watching the surfers and their acrobatic moves can be very entertaining.
- Type: Beach
- Location: Bulabog Beach, Malay, Aklan. Bulabog Beach is only a 5-minute walk towards the east from the D Mall D shopping center, located at White Beach Station 2.
- Activities: Windsurfing, kitesurfing, picnic
6. Diniwid Beach
Diniwid Beach is just a short walk away from all the bars yet it seems to be on a different island. The small, serene beach is your quick escape from the bustling station 1 and 2. If you don’t have time for island hopping, Diniwid Beach is a great alternative.
- Type: Beach
- Location: North of White Beach, Boracay, Aklan. Tricycles from any point of White Beach can be hired to take you to Diniwid. However, you can also walk to the very end of White Beach towards the Boracay Terraces resort. From there, you will see a narrow path which leads to Diniwid.
- Activities: Snorkeling, swimming, picnic
7. Willy’s Rock
Willy’s Rock is probably one of the most recognizable attractions in the island. Named after the resort in front of it, the oddly shaped volcanic formation can be found in Station 1. You can’t miss it.
- Type: Natural Formation/Landmark
- Location: Willy’s Rock, Station 1, Boracay
- Budget: FREE
- Activities: Take photos
Enjoy a fun experience and check out other restaurants, things to do and more in Boracay. Discover cheap hotel deals and cheap flights from carriers like Philippine Airlines, AirAsia, and more with Traveloka!