Easily one of the country’s most Instagram-able destinations, Coron is a must-visit when in the Philippines. With its blue waters, white sand, and lush greenery – it’s easy to see why many consider Coron “paradise”.
Estimated Total: P2,200
Estimated Total: P1,650
Estimated Total: P2,860
Estimated Total: P680
After a busy day of island hopping, snorkelling, and food tripping, it’s important to get a good night’s sleep. Here are our top picks of hotels in Coron:
1. Avisala Hostel Coron
2. Busuanga Seadive Resort
3. Luis Bay Travellers Lodge
4. Cebuano Lodge
5. Mario’s Traveller’s Inn
6. Talusi Hostel & Tours
7. Coron Vista Lodge
8. GMG Hotel
9. Coron Soleil Express Hotel
10. Amphibi-ko Resort
11. Acacia Garden Inn
1. Watermelon Sinigang – Sinigang is well-known for its sampalok and miso variants, but did you know that fruits are added to sinigang, as well? Case in point, there’s Watermelon Sinigang. The sweetness and freshness of the watermelon compliments the sourness of the tamarind.
2. Bird’s Nest or Nido Soup – As delicious as it sounds, Bird’s Nest soup is actually made out of edible bird saliva. This dish isn’t necessarily popular with the locals, but tourists do order it when feeling “adventurous”. The nests of spit come from swiftlets, which are birds that are indigenous to Southeast Asia.
3. Danggit Lamayo – Sliced rabbitfish, which has been partially sundried and marinated in vinegar, garlic, and pepper is then fried to make head and the fins crispy. It is enjoyed with egg, garlic rice, and fresh fruits during breakfast.
4. Crocodile Sisig – Many say that crocodile meat tastes just like chicken, and if you didn’t know any better, you’d say the same too! Enjoy the flakiness of the meat as it sizzles on the hot plate with a runny egg spilling over it.
5. Lato Seaweed – Also known as sea grapes or green caviar, this Lato is the main ingredient of Ensaladang Lato (salad with onions, tomatoes, and vinegar).
6. Tamilok – Tamilok or shipworms is usually enjoyed kinilaw-style, meaning it is served raw but marinated with lime juice or vinegar, chopped chili peppers, and onions. This delicacy is popular in Palawan and is said to taste like smooth oysters.
This breakdown is an estimation based on food prices, hotel bookings, activities, and entrance fees for one. The total amount can go lower or higher depending on the amount of people in your group, and it excludes airfare.
Want more fun in the sun? Visit these 29 gorgeous white beaches in the Philippines!
Enjoy the Land of the Rising Sun with the fambam.
Get the best out of Eastern Asia and Southeast Asia adventure!
Get ready for your Puerto Princesa adventure!
Tagaytay is undoubtedly family-friendly.
Make the most out of your barkada trip!
Enjoy an exciting weekend in the Lion City!
Have a romantic stay in the most beautiful island.