Dumaguete is known as the City of Gentle People, but you could easily call it the City of Delicious Food, as well. All along Rizal Boulevard and everywhere else in the city are great restaurants sure to satisfy any traveler embarking on a food trip.
Whether you’re craving seafood or sans rival, Dumaguete probably has a restaurant for you. Here’s 10 Dumaguete restaurants that we recommend you try the next time you’re in town.
1. Sans Rival Cakes and Pastries
Even if you’re a Filipino who hasn’t been to Dumaguete, you probably already know that silvanas are a food closely associated with the city. If you’re in town and want to try this treat, head on over to Sans Rival Cakes and Pastries.
Aside from offering the treat that is their namesake, Sans Rival Cakes and Pastries also offer Dumaguete’s signature silvanas. If you’re looking for dishes that are a little heavier, the Sans Rival Bistro is just around the corner, serving burgers, sandwiches, seafood, and other Filipino dishes.
- Price Range: A pack of 10 silvanas cost P110; a Sans Rival loaf costs P310
- Address: #3 San Jose St, Dumaguete, Negros Oriental (View Map)
- Operating hours: 8:30 AM to 8 PM
- Contact no: +63 35 225 4440
2. Cafe Mamia
If you think that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, then Cafe Mamia is the place to go. They serve an all-day breakfast menu that features choices like Spanish Chorizo with fried rice and egg or Hungarian Sausage with fried rice and egg. But breakfast isn’t the only thing on the menu. They also serve pasta, sandwiches, and desserts. A must-try is their blueberry cheesecake, which has a classic and a frozen version.
- Price Range: P110 to P195 for breakfast and rice meals; P105 to P135 for desserts.
- Address: 14 San Jose St. corner Sta. Catalina St., Dumaguete City, Negros Oriental (View Map)
- Operating hours: 6:30 AM to 11:30 PM
- Contact no: (035) 422 2664, 09177079848
3. Blue Monkey Grill
If you’re looking for dinner and a show, head on over to the Blue Monkey Grill. It’s one of the many establishments that line Dumaguete’s Rizal Boulevard, and it comes alive at night. Aside from performing bands on weekends, the Blue Monkey Grill also has beer pong tables for those looking for a party. Of course, the food is your perfect pulutan food. While drinking your beer, have some of their Sizzling Potatoes or Sizzling Gambas
- Price Range: P185 to P200 for meals
- Address: Flores Ave, Dumaguete, Negros Oriental (View Map)
- Operating hours: Monday to Saturday 4 PM – 2 AM; Sunday 4 PM to 12 AM
- Contact no: (035) 421 0400
4. K.R.I. Restaurant
More adventurous palates can go to K.R.I. Restaurant, which serves international fusion dishes that are sure to excite. Bestsellers like their Samurai Salmon can run out if you visit during peak hours, so be sure to arrive early. K.R.I. also changes their menu every once in awhile, so be sure to be open-minded and try them out. They also have a Valentine’s Day buffet, so if you’re traveling with a significant other, make sure to stop by.
- Price Range: P800 for the Valentine’s Day buffet. P180 to P199 for rice meals.
- Address: 53, Silliman Avenue, Dumaguete – Bacong Rd, Dumaguete, Negros Oriental (View Map)
- Operating hours: 11 AM to 9 PM
- Contact no: (035) 421 2392
5. Lab-as Seafood Restaurant
Fresh seafood something you’re craving? Lab-as Seafood Restaurant has what you need. It’s been around since 1988, and it’s still going strong today. You can pick out seafood fresh from the tank, and have sizzling blue marlin, grilled tuna panga, or escabecheng maya maya. Their Sinuglaw is also something that you shouldn’t miss.
- Price Range: Average P250 per meal
- Address: Negros Oriental Flores Avenue, Dumaguete City, Dumaguete, Negros Oriental (View Map)
- Operating hours: 1 PM to 1 AM
- Contact no: +63 35 225 3536
6. Pasta King Cafe di Roma
This restaurant is sure to satisfy any Italian food cravings that you may have. The Italian-inspired interiors are sure to get you in the mood, while the food is sure to fill you up. Pizza and pasta are the main draws, and the restaurant bills itself as the only Italian restaurant in Dumaguete City that serves Pasta alla Toscana, Pizza Romana, and Gelato Ice Cream. Favorites from the menu include the Linguine Aglio Olio and their Bicol Express Pasta.
- Price Range: P119 to P179 for regular servings, P209 to P299 for large servings.
- Address: 5 Dr.V. Locsin Street, DownTown, Dumaguete, Negros Oriental (View Map)
- Operating hours: Monday to Saturday, 11 AM to 10 PM; Sunday 4 to 9 PM
- Contact no: 421-0865, +63 917 717 9632, +63 949 943 3256
7. Qyosko Cafe and Espresso Bar
While its interiors have been remodeled, the food that has made Qyosko a local favorite remains the same. If you’re looking for Filipino comfort food while making your way around Dumaguete, this is the restaurant to go to. They’ve got crispy adobo, sisig with egg, and lomi. If you’re looking to top all of that with something sweet, they’ve also got a selection of cakes and pastries, with their blueberry cheesecake being the star.
- Price Range: Rice meals start at P115.
- Address: Sta. Rosa Street, Dumaguete, 6200 Negros Oriental, Philippines (View Map)
- Operating hours: Moday to Saturday, 8:30 AM to 12:30 AM. Closed on Sundays
- Contact no: +63 35 422 7745
8. Panda Ice Cream
Looking to cool down after an afternoon spent walking along Rizal Boulevard? Head on over to Panda Ice Cream. They serve a number of beautifully designed ice cream desserts which you can eat to cool down. But what has really earned them their fame is their Panda Fried Ice Cream. The ice cream is enveloped with a crispy breaded shell, and gives you a mixture of hot and cold that you’ll definitely remember.
- Price Range: P55 for the first piece of fried ice cream, P45 for the succeeding pieces.
- Address: No. 3 Silliman Ave, Dumaguete, Negros Oriental (View Map)
- Operating hours: 9 AM to 8 PM
- Contact no: +63 35 225 9644
9. Casablanca Restaurant
Hankering from some Mediterranean cuisine? Casablanca Restaurant is the establishment of choice. It has moved from its original location along Cervantes Street to Rizal Boulevard, but the restaurant has maintained its standard for fresh ingredients – only getting the freshest seafood daily from the market and their suppliers. The restaurant also has vegetarian dishes, so you have somewhere to take a traveling companion that doesn’t eat meat. They also have a popular lunch set special that changes daily.
- Price Range: Lunch specials at under P250.
- Address: Rizal Boulevard, corner Noblefranca Street, Dumaguete, Negros Oriental (View Map)
- Operating hours: 7 AM to 11 PM
- Contact no: +63 35 422 4080
10. 2 Story Kitchen
Korean food and culture has made great inroads in the country over the past few years, so it’s no surprise that places like 2 Story Kitchen exists. The food on offer is a mix of standard American fare like pasta, pizza, and sandwiches and Korean food like bibimbap and kimchi bokeum bap. Aside from the food, the restaurant’s second floor is also a definite draw, as you get to dine on a semi-elevated floor while sitting on cushy pillows, just like you would at an authentic Korean restaurant.
- Price Range: Prices can range from P139 to P200.
- Address: Sta. Catalina Street, Dumaguete, Negros Oriental (View Map)
- Operating hours: 8 AM to 12 PM
- Contact no:+63 915 645 1995
Enjoy a fun experience and check out other tourist spots to visit, things to do and more in Dumaguete. Discover cheap hotel deals and cheap flights from carriers like Philippine Airlines, AirAsia, and more with Traveloka!