This Father’s Day, it’s time to make the number one man in your life feel super special and pampered with the help of our comprehensive Father’s Day guide! Don’t miss out on the perfect occasion to celebrate all things dad, starting with:
Where to Stay
Treat your dad to a relaxing getaway at some of the best hotels that Metro Manila has to offer! With comfortable beds, delectable cuisine and amazing amenities – your dad is sure to appreciate this mini vacation. Here’s a list of where to stay:
Where to Stay
- The Peninsula Manila
- The Manila Hotel
- The Diamond Hotel Philippines
- Fairmont Makati
- Ramada Manila Central
Where to eat for Father’s Day
- Wolfgang Steak House
- Locavore Kitchen x Drinks
- Brasserie on 3
- Templo Modern Szechuan Fusion
- Salvatore Cuomo & Bar
What to Do
- Get a fresh hair cut at Talas Manileño
- Get a Bespoke Suit at Tiño Suits
- Grab a Drink at Churchill MNL
- Relax with a Massage at Al Amirah Moroccan Bath & Spa
- Go Outlet Shopping at Paseo de Sta. Rosa
What better way to kick off a Father’s Day celebration than with a staycation at one of the city’s most well-known properties?
The Peninsula Manila is the perfect place for a chill day with dad. Spend the day eating at some of the Peninsula’s best buffets, or go for a stroll around Ayala Triangle Garden!
- Location: Ayala Avenue cor. Makati Avenue, Urdaneta, Makati
- Perfect for dad: Is your dad a whiskey enthusiast? From May to June, The Peninsula’s “The Bar” is featuring whisky samplers of distinct flavors from Berry Bros. & Rudd for just PHP 1,800! You may purchase the whiskey per shot or bottle, to take home!
- Check the latest The Peninsula Manila rates here
Treat your dad to iconic Filipino hospitality at The Manila Hotel! This is perfect for Father’s Day, since they’re already promoting special rates and packages for the occasion!
- Location: One Rizal Park, Manila
- Perfect for dad: Avail of the Father’s Day room package, starting at PHP 7,999 nett, until June 28, 2018. This includes a stay at the Superior Deluxe Room, buffet breakfast at Café Ilang-Ilang for two adults and two children. It is also inclusive of a dim sum lunch buffet for two at Red Jade.
- Check the latest The Manila Hotel rates here
Diamond Hotel is a mainstay for both locals and tourists thanks to its proximity to some of Metro Manila’s best entertainment hotspots.
After enjoying their Father’s Day promos, why not take a quick trip to SM Mall of Asia? You may even want to book rooms early so you can take dad and the family to a historic tour of the nearby historical hotspots.
- Location: Roxas Boulevard cor. Dr. J Quintos Street, Ermita, Manila Bay
- Perfect for dad: The hotel has a Dad Indulgence Promo at a special PHP 8,500 nett per night rate, inclusive of a buffet breakfast for two, complimentary bottle of house wine, a one-time choice of lunch or dinner for two persons at Corniche Restaurant and more.
- Check the latest The Diamond Hotel Philippines rates here
For a luxurious stay with the family, take dad to Fairmont Makati. This property is described by its previous guests as having spacious rooms, accommodating staff, and seven dining establishments that can keep everyone happy for days on end!
- Location: 1 Raffles Drive, Makati Avenue, San Lorenzo, Makati
- Perfect for dad: Spend an unforgettable Father’s Day with Fairmont when you avail of their Dad promo! Starting at PHP 6,988 nett per night you can enjoy an overnight stay for two, buffet breakfast for two at Spectrum restaurant, complimentary internet access and more.
- Check the latest Fairmont Makati rates here
Your dad deserves to be taken care of after all his hard work for the family—why not take him to a hotel property known for their excellent customer service that makes every guest feel like a total VIP?
- Location: Ongpin cor. Quintin Paredes Street, Binondo
- Perfect for dad: Treat your dad to a delicious brunch buffet, and a special sing-a-long with the Ampitheater, as they play all-time favorite hit songs of the century. This starts at 10 AM and ends at 2:30 PM, on June 17 only. Price per head is PHP 599 nett.
- Check the latest Ramada Manila Central rates here
Where to Eat for Father’s Day
Whether your dad is craving for steak, Chinese food, or Italian – you’ll never go wrong with some of our top picks for where to eat for Father’s day. You may want to call ahead and make a reservation though, restaurants tend to get packed during such special occasions.
For a lot of people, the best form of indulgence during a special occasion comes in the shape of a well-grilled, perfectly charred steak.
What better way to keep this tradition going than with a once-in-a-while gastronomic treat with your best man, your father, at the newly launched Wolfgang Steak House?
- Location: 18 ADB Avenue, Ortigas Center, Mandaluyong
- Operation hours: Noon to Midnight. The Ortigas branch opens one hour earlier.
- Perfect for dad: The Wolfgang Experience Lunch Course, which is a four-course lunch menu with a dessert of the day. Appetizers are optional. Entrees start at PHP 988, including a Fish of the Day option (250G), and a 600G Rib-Eye steak at PHP3,788. (Available at the Ortigas branch)
The kitchen’s interesting take on classic Pinoy staples is both innovative and familiar, and your dad is sure to have fun choosing from their extensive menu’s twists and turns on beloved Pinoy meals.
They also serve delicious cocktails and drinks, to keep the night going with good ‘ol dad!
- Location: Forbes Town Center, Burgos Circle, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig
- Operation hours: 11:30 AM to 1:00 AM (daily)
- Perfect for dad: The Street Food Platter (PHP 180) is guaranteed to take you back to a simpler time of munching on fish balls and kwek-kwek (quail eggs on skewers). This is a beloved appetizer best-seller that will keep your appetite whetted until the main course arrives!
Located at Conrad Manila, they offer affordable buffet choices for hungry families without stretching too much of your coin, unlike other high-end buffets in the city.
After lunch, you may even want to take a side trip within Entertainment City to take dad to the casino!
- Location: S Maison, Conrad Manila, Seaside Boulevard cor. Coral Way, Pasay
- Operation hours: 6:00 AM to 10:30 PM
- Perfect for dad: Try their Taste of Brasserie menus, starting at Two-course menus at PHP 1,600. They also have a Three-course menu at PHP 1,900. They include selections from their Light and Fresh menu, their Land and Sea menu, and their Dessert Menu. You can even add a Wagyu rib-eye for PHP 1,900, or a Lamb chop for PHP 1,100.
The modern Fil-Chi community flock to Templo because of their explosive flavors that stay true to the cuisine. If your dad is really into stuffing himself full with authentic Chinese food, try something new at Templo!
- Location: Dapitan Lifestyle Complex, 55 Dapitan cor. D Tuazon Street, Banawe, Quezon City
- Operation hours: 10:00 AM to 11:00 PM
- Perfect for dad: Want a different take on the well-loved hakaw? Try their Golden Squid Ink Hakaw, which is tinted with the squid ink from the outside. For something hearty, go for their Emperor’s Secret Soup (PHP 865). It’s said that this contains 5x more zinc than most sources of food.
Top-off an amazing Father’s Day with wine as far as the eye can see. Celebrate your dad at Salvatore Cuomo & Bar, which boasts of highly authentic and true-to-style Italian cooking. Bond over great cooking and a wide selection of red and white wines, at solid prices!
- Location: G/F Uptown Parade, 9th Avenue cor. 38th Street, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig
- Operation hours: 11AM to 11PM
- Perfect for dad: Because of Salvatore’s origins in Japan, they offer traditional Yakitori skewers. Try their Assorted plate (PHP 550 for 5 pieces) which can include chicken breasts, pork belly, and chicken meatloaf and egg! This is perfect as pulutan, or bar chow, with your wine.
What to Do
Don’t know what to get the main man of your life? Here are some great gifts or activities that your dad is bound to appreciate it. From getting a suit from one of Manila’s finest tailors to getting a relaxing grooming session, we’ve got you covered on what to do for Father’s day.
Treat your dad to a clean haircut while getting pampered with spa services at Talas Manileño. Founded by actor Jericho Rosales, their concept revolves around simple barbershop services without the unnecessary frills and fuss!
They even sell their own line of pomades that take care of the hair.
- Location: Cubao Expo, 38 General Romulo Avenue, Cubao
- Operation hours: 9AM to 9PM
- Perfect for dad: They offer Tasa (classic haircut), Ahit (facial hair shaving or trimming), Pisil (massages), and something playful that says a lot about the brand: A Libreng Kiliti (or a free tickle!). The website dares you to ask them for one, and won’t judge you for it!
Tiño Suits offers an artistic take on classic cuts while promoting proudly local materials and craftsmen at the helm.
Since the 1990’s, master tailor Napoleon Arienza made sure all men would feel right at home with his mastery of the thread and bare, without compromising on comfort and total style.
- Location: G/F Herco, 114 Benavidez Street, Legaspi Village, Makati City
- Operation hours: 11AM to 8PM (Mondays to Fridays) and 11AM to 5:30PM (Sun)
- Perfect for dad: Tiño Suits pride themselves with their made-to-measure style of crafting suits, because they understand the different needs of male body types and figures. You can even try on a pre-existing suit and have that adjusted to your body type.
For something truly old school, your dad will be keen to enjoy Churchill MNL. Named after the former British Prime Minister Winston Churchill, this isn’t just any ordinary bar.
They were created with the impression of a gentleman’s bar of yore, with a sharp atmosphere and hard drinks with a twist.
- Location: G/F Estancia Mall, Oranbo, Pasig
- Operation hours: 5:30PM to 1AM (daily)
- Perfect for dad: Ask about their monthly themes—i.e. June is Gin Month, so you can enjoy Gin-based cocktails with a friend thanks to their 1+1 Happy Hour promo every Monday and Tuesday.
For a totally immersive, sensory massage experience, have your dad go to Al Amirah. They offer the real deal Moroccan experience (called “Hammam”), complete with the bath salts and rubs. Whatever stress your dad is going through, it’s time to go to Al Amirah.
- Location: 94A Don A. Roces Ave cor. Scout Tobias Street, Quezon City
- Operation hours: 12:00 nn to 2AM (daily)
- Perfect for dad: Their Royal Moroccan Bath is PHP 1599 for two, and includes a full-body treatment: a hair and body wash, an authentic Moroccan soap bath, 15-20 minutes in a steam room, a full-body scrub, and complimentary dates and tea.
If your dad is into branded goods without the price tag that comes with it, why not take the whole family to a quick road trip to Laguna?
Famous for their outlet stores, Paseo de Roxas can offer your dad the best of the best—from Timbaland to Nike—and maybe this time, you can treat him instead!
- Location: Along Santa Rosa-Tagaytay Road
- Operation hours: Opening depends on the store, but the outlet areas close at 10PM
- Perfect for dad: Some of the brands in this area of Laguna include Adidas, the NBA Store, GAP, Nine West, Aeropostale, Levis, Oakley, and Mizuno—just to name a few.
Ready to give your dad the ultimate Father’s Day experience? Make sure you book your flight and hotel with Traveloka!