Misamis Oriental is more commonly known for its capital, Cagayan de Oro. But aside from its well-known city, the whole province is abundant with stunning nature spots.
In Misamis Oriental, you’ll find fine beaches, lush forests and mountains, powerful rivers, diving spots, and a unique culture that’ll have you wanting to learn and experience more.
Don’t miss out on these fun activities while you’re there.
- Try out White River Rafting
- Go scuba diving at Agutayan White Island
- See the wonders of Macahambus Cave
- Go for a dip at Tiklas Falls
- Visit Museo de Oro
Feeling adventurous? This outdoor activity is perfect for those looking for some thrill on their trip. Learn to navigate the large waters of Cagayan de Oro river with the Great White Rafting guides.
During this activity, you can experience the rapids while taking in the stunning scenery surrounding the river.
- Location: Great White Water Tours, Upper Carmen, Cagayan de Oro, Misamis Oriental
- Fee(s): starts at P2,000 for the Basic Course Raft and Seven Seas package. For all the rates, check here.
- Operation hours: 7am to 5pm
- Highlight(s): Navigating the river rapids will definitely be the most thrilling part of the rafting experience.
- Activity tips: You’ll definitely be getting wet so be sure to wear the appropriate clothes and gear. Don’t forget to bring extra clothes as well.
- Insider Info: Listen well during the safety briefing. This way you’ll know what to do during a tricky situation.
This crescent shaped naked island is your best bet if you’re looking for a white sand beach and nice shallow diving spots.
A lot of divers love going here to spot starfish, surgeon fish, eagle fish, giant clams, and coral reefs. It’s usually best to go to the island in the early morning or late afternoon when the sun isn’t as harsh.
- Location: Agutayan White Island, Jasaan, Misamis Oriental
- Fee(s): boat rentals cost around P700 to P1,000
- Operation hours: 7am to 5pm
- Highlight(s): Getting to witness the beauty and diversity of marine life in Philippine waters.
- Activity tips: If you plan to spend all day on the island, don’t forget to bring food, water, and your own shade against the sun.
- Insider Info: The area is also a breeding ground and sanctuary for endangered giant clams.
This ecotourism site and adventure park offers guests activities like ziplining, canopy walking, and rappelling. Across the adventure park, you’ll find the picturesque Macahambus Cave and the surrounding forest. There’s a walking path that makes it easy for guests to navigate the cave area.
- Location: Barangay Lumbia and Bayanga, Cagayan de Oro
- Fee(s): P300 inclusive of sky bridge and zipline
- Highlight(s): Taking in the wonders of the park while walking across the sky bridge at 120 feet above would be unforgettable.
- Activity tips: Wear comfortable clothes so that putting on harnesses won’t be a hassle. Also, listen to the guides instructions for safety.
One of the many falls in the town of Gingoog, Tiklas Falls has also been converted into a resort as part of the ecotourism initiative of the local government.
After trekking for 15 minutes to reach the waterfall area, you can rent a cottage for P200 or just swim freely in the swimming pool right beside the falls.
- Location: Claveria Rd., Gingoog, Misamis Oriental
- Fee(s): P20 entrance fee, P200 to rent a cottage
- Operation hours: 9am to 4pm
- Highlight(s): The sight of the majestic waterfalls is the perfect backdrop while swimming or relaxing by the pool.
- Activity tips: Aside from extra clothes, bring food and water since there are no nearby stores in the immediate area.
Learn more about the local culture and history of Mindanao at Museo de Oro. Located inside Xavier University, the exhibits in this museum mostly showcase the ethnology of Mindanao and history of Northern Mindanao.
- Location: Xavier University, Corrales Ave., Cagayan de Oro, Misamis Oriental
- Fee(s): P70 entrance fee
- Operation hours: 8am to 12nn & 1pm to 5pm (Tuesdays to Saturdays, closed on Mondays)
- Activity tips: Be careful while moving inside the museum so as not disturb or break anything.
Enjoy an adventure-filled trip to Misamis Oriental! Check out other tourist spots to visit, restaurants to try and more in the province. Discover cheap Misamis Oriental hotel deals and cheap flights from carriers like Philippine Airlines, AirAsia, and more with Traveloka!