In order to improve the passport renewal system, the DFA has recently launched an ePayment Portal where you can pay for your processing fees in select payment centers around the country.
According to the DFA website, those renewing and applying for the Philippine ePassport are now required to use the portal to prepay as part of the Online Appointment System.
As of press date, the new payment system is only available in NCR. The portal is set to launch nationwide on or before August 2018.
Renewing your passport soon? Here’s how to use the new DFA ePayment Portal:
1. Go to passport.gov.ph to schedule an appointment.
2. Fill out all the necessary details, and select “Proceed to Payment.”
3. Check your email for the reference number.
4. Head over to your chosen payment center and pay for the processing fee.
- Expedited Processing – PHP 1,200
- Regular Processing – PHP 950
- Convenience Fee – PHP 50
5. Wait for your Confirmed Appointment Packet which will be sent to your email shortly.
6. Print out the packet and bring it on your scheduled appointment date.
List of payment centers:
- Bayad Center
- Pera Hub
- Robinsons Business Center and Department Stores
- Waltermart Department Store
- Western Union
- Villarica Pawnshop
*More payment centers will be included in the coming months as well as credit and debit card facilities.
Check out this handy infographic from the Department of Foreign Affairs.
Infographic from dfa.gov.ph
Don’t forget to check out our blog to find out what you need to bring during your passport renewal appointment.