Puerto Princesa is Palawan’s capital city and is the jump-off point to several other destinations such as Nacpan Beach, El Nido, or Coron. Even then, Puerto Princesa is a breathtaking destination itself that should not be overlooked.
It is home to the Underground River which is one of the New 7 Wonders of Nature, there are hidden waterfalls, gorgeous beaches, and something for everyone to enjoy! Take time to explore Puerto Princesa with your family using this itinerary.
Estimated Total: P2,490
Estimated Total: P2,370
Estimated Total: P2,390
Estimated Total: P2,188
After a busy day of water activities, tours, and food tripping, it’s important that you get a good night’s sleep for the next day’s adventure. Here are some of our top picks of hotels in Puerto Princesa.
1. Microtel by Wyndham – Puerto Princesa
2. Canvas Boutique Hotel
3. Balai Princesa
4. Best Western Plus The Ivywall Hotel
5. Princesa Garden Island Resort and Spa
6. Dos Palmas Island Resort and Spa
7. Sheridan Beach Resort and Spa
8. Hotel Centro Palawan
9. Panja Resort Palawan
10. Ponce De Leon Garden Resort
1. Tamilok – Usually found in wood immersed in sea water, Tamilok (shipworms) is part of a group of saltwater clams with naked, soft, and long bodies. Enjoyed kinilaw-style (raw but marinated with lime juice or vinegar, chopped chili peppers, and onions), Tamilok is said to taste like smooth oysters.
2. Crocodile Adobado – Bite into a serving of crocodile meat stewed in coconut milk, seasoning, and spices.
3. Danggit Lamayo – A Visayan favorite, sliced rabbitfish is partially sundried, lightly salted, and is then marinated in vinegar, garlic, and pepper. It is then fried, making the head and the fins extra crispy. This is usually enjoyed at breakfast with tomatoes and a runny egg.
4. Honey Nougat – Made with Palawan nougat, wild honey, and whole cashew nuts – this sweet treat is a must-eat when in the area. It is also something that travelers buy as “pasalubong” for family and friends back home.
5. Lato Seaweed – Also known as sea grapes or green caviar, this local favorite is best served with fried dishes and is usually eaten with either salt or vinegar.
6. Creamy Halo Halo – Time and time again, customers have said that the halo halo from Nokinocs Savory House may be the best that they’ve ever had! It comes with shaven ice, condensed milk, creamy lecheflan, bananas, red beans, corn flakes, cassava, jack fruit, and ice cream.
This breakdown is an estimation based on food prices, hotel bookings, activities, and entrance fees for one. These prices could go lower or higher depending on the amount of people in your group.
Discover more adventure in Puerto Princesa to complete your family trip. Visit during the Baragatan Festival and join the festivity.
Enjoy the Land of the Rising Sun with the fambam.
Get the best out of Eastern Asia and Southeast Asia adventure!
Tagaytay is undoubtedly family-friendly.
Make the most out of your barkada trip!
Enjoy an exciting weekend in the Lion City!
Have a romantic stay in the most beautiful island.