With an eclectic mix of futuristic gardens and old rustic towns, Singapore will lure you in with its charm. Beautiful attractions and fun activities abound in this small city so whether you’re stopping by on transit or exploring the city for a whole week, you’ll definitely enjoy your stay.
Here are just some of the activities you can check off your bucket list.
Known for its historic temples, famous restaurants, and souvenir stalls, Singapore’s Chinatown is a treat for the senses.
Aside from visiting temples like the Buddha Tooth Relic Temple and Sri Mariamman Temple, tourists flock here for the famous souvenir stalls and buy tons of trinkets at cheap prices.
- Location: Chinatown, Singapore
- Operation hours: 7AM to 10PM
- Highlight(s): Visit Thian Hock Keng or the temple of happiness, which is the oldest temple in Singapore.
- Activity tips: Wear something comfortable as you’ll be weaving in and out of crowds along the streets.
- Insider Info: Dive into side streets and discover amazing street art.
Looking for a unique and unforgettable night out? Try out the Night Safari at Singapore Zoo. This top attraction was the first of its kind and currently welcomes more than a million visitors each year.
- Location: 80 Mandai Lake Road, Singapore 729826
- Fee(s): 32 SGD (for adults), 21 SGD (for kids)
- Operation hours: 7:15PM to Midnight
- Highlight(s): You can enjoy both the Thumbuakar Fire Show and the crowd favorite Creatures of the Night Show.
- Activity tips:
– Do not take pictures of the animals.
– It can get pretty humid in Singapore, even at night so dress in something cool.
Book Singapore Night Safari tickets here
Look for inspiration in art exhibitions and events by checking out stunning Southeast Asian art at National Gallery Singapore.
Housed in the former Supreme Court Building and City hall, the gallery is easily accessible via the MRT and buses.
- Location: 1 St. Andrew’s Rd, Singapore 178957
- Fee(s): Free for Singaporeans, 20 SGD standard fee for non-Singaporeans
- Operation hours: 10AM to 7PM (Thursday to Saturay), 10AM to 9PM (Friday)
- Activity tips: Download the gallery’s digital map on your phone for easier navigation.
Book National Gallery Singapore Entrance tickets here
With movie themed attractions for both adults and kids, a trip to Universal Studios Singapore never disappoints. Try out rides from their Jurassic Park or Transformer theme for adventures and thrills.
During Halloween season, they’ve got a special horror theme called the Halloween Horror Nights where you and your friends or family can test your courage.
- Location: 8 Sentosa Gateway, Singapore 098269
- Fee(s): 76 SGD (adults), 56 SGD (kids), 38 SGD (seniors)
- Operation hours: 10AM to 8PM (Sundays to Thursdays), 10AM to 10PM (Fridays and Saturdays)
- Highlight(s): Thrill seekers can enjoy the fun roller coaster ride called Battlestar Galactica.
- Activity tips: Wear comfortable shoes and cool clothing for a more comfortable experience going to and from rides.
Book Universal Studios Singapore tickets here
Known for its combination of beautiful street art, indie shops, and unique collection of restaurants and cafes, Haji Lane has become known for its hip and avant garde vibe.
The street’s appeal is its mix of the iconic Peranakan architecture, modern design, vintage feel, and funky street art.
- Location: Haji Lane, Singapore
- Highlights: You can shop for clothes or trinkets from different independent boutiques or try out different Singaporean restaurants in this hipster neighborhood.
- Activity tips: Come early to avoid the crowd and to capture photos without hassle.
- Insider Info: Try coming here on a Friday night to catch live musical acts and unwind with a few drinks with your friends.
Start planning your trip and check out all the best hotels and cheap flights to Singapore!