Vigan is a beautiful town rich in history, recognized even by the UNESCO World Heritage Centre. Tourists flock to the beautiful Calle Crisologo, looking to be transported back to Spanish colonial times.
But there’s another journey you can take in Vigan. It’s a food trip, and it’s one that you’ll certainly remember. Here’s 10 Vigan restaurants that you should check out.
- Cafe Leona
- Irene’s Vigan Empanada
- Cafe Bigaa
- Lampong’s Restaurant
- Rhyss & Robin’s Food Hub
- Kusina Felicitas
- Bistro 23
- Tessie’s Restaurant
1. Cafe Leona
If you’ve been spending the day strolling along Calle Crisologo and find yourself in need of some nourishment, you don’t have to look far. Cafe Leona is right on that strip, and its facade blends in perfectly with the colonial era architecture all around you. Inside, however, is a modern menu that features fusion cuisine. Check out dishes like bagnet maki and pinakbet pizza!
- Price Range: P140 for two people; P1450 for 8 people
- Address: #1 Calle Crisologo, Vigan City, Ilocos Sur (View Map)
- Operating hours: 10 AM to 12 AM
- Contact no: 077-722-2212
The empanada is one of the dishes the Ilocos region is best known for, and Irene’s Vigan Empanada is regarded as the one that serves the best. You can immediately tell a Vigan empanada from other ones in the region because of its pale coloring.
Irene’s only employs 100% rice flour, and the dough for its coverings are always paper-thin in its flatness. If you want something big to bite into, try out their Jumbo Special Empanada, made with two eggs, a double portion of Vigan longanisa, and vegetables.
- Price Range: P35 for one empanada, P60 for the Jumbo Special Empanada
- Address: Calle Salcedo, Vigan City, Ilocos Sur, Philippines (View Map)
- Operating hours: 8 AM – 8 PM
- Contact no: @irenesviganempanada (Facebook)
Worked up quite the appetite while walking Vigan’s historic streets? Head on onver to BarTech, which prides itself as being the first and only dinner buffet in Vigan. It also serves alcoholic drinks, which is fitting since BarTech takes its name from the Ilocano word “bartek”, which means “to be drunk”. Try out their Bagnet Longganisa meal served with and KBL (kamatis, bagoong, lasona)!
- Price Range: P150 to P2500 per person
- Address: Calle Crisologo, Vigan City, Ilocos Sur (View Map)
- Operating hours: 6 PM to 2 AM, Mondays to Saturdays; 6 PM to 12 AM, Sundays
- Contact no: +63 917 544 1792
4. Cafe Bigaa
If you’re craving something a little fancier, check out the Vigan Plaza Hotel’s Cafe Bigaa. Originally a gastropub, Cafe Bigaa now serves Ilocano dishes both traditionally and with a Western twist. Aside from standards like the Vigan longganisa and bagnet, they also use these ingredient in dishes like longganisa pasta with Arabiata sauce and longganisa in a blanket. If you want to take everything in, try out their Vigan sampler, which includes longganisa, bagnet with KBL, igado, pinakbet and sinanglao.
- Price Range: P200 good for two people; P700 for Vigan sampler
- Address: Mena Crisologo Street, Vigan City, Ilocos Sur, Philippines (View Map)
- Operating hours: 6 AM to 10 AM
- Contact no:077-722-1527, 077-632-0318, or 077-722-8553, 0917-799-9874
Are you the kind of person who gets hungry in the middle of the night? There’s no need to scrounge for any leftovers in your bag or hotel fridge because Kuboville is a 24-hour restaurant that serves Ilocano and international dishes throughout the day. You can take a bite out of their steak, their vegetable spring rolls or take a sip of their tom yum soup.
- Price Range: Prices range from P35 to P245
- Address: Salcedo Street, Barangay 3, Vigan City, 2700 Ilocos Sur, Philippines (View Map)
- Operating hours: Open 24 hours
- Contact no:+63 917 408 0008
Another Calle Crisologo establishment to check out is Lampong’s Restaurant. This cozy establishment gets full really quick, so be there before the lunch rush unless you’re okay with eating al fresco. Try out their poqui-poqui, which is mashed eggplant mixed with eggs. If you’re not adventurous, they also serves staples like pasta and sandwiches.
- Price Range: P120 good for two people, P90 for the poqui-poqui
- Address: #28 Crisologo, Vigan City, 2700 Ilocos Sur, Philippines (View Map)
- Operating hours: 11 AM to 10 PM
- Contact no: (0916) 666-6866, (077) 632-0034
They say that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and Rhyss & Robin’s Food Hub certainly took that to heart. The casual diner offers an all-day breakfast menu, so you can have waffles at any time of day.
Alongside traditional Ilocano favorites like bagnet and longganisa are offerings like red velvet mugcakes and Doritos chicken poppers. Plus, their interiors are also a blast to look at, with decorations out of recycled materials.
- Price Range: P200 for one person
- Address: Ground Floor, Puregold Bldg, Jose Singson Street, Vigan City (View Map)
- Operating hours: 7 AM to 8:30 PM
- Contact no:+63 77 674 0708
It’s a little farther away from Calle Crisologo, but Kusina Felicitas doesn’t lose any of Vigan’s colonial era charm. Its walls are actually original 18th century bricks, adorned with paintings that restaurant patrons can actually buy. Even its furniture is locally sourced.
As for the food, it considers its offerings as authentic Ilocano cuisine, with ingredients like the bunog and ipon, both fish indigenous to the town and the Ilocos region. You can also try out their poqui-poqui balls, a twist on the original recipe.
- Price Range: Price range from P125 to P190
- Address: #1 Bonifacio Street corner Quirino Boulevard, Vigan, Ilocos Sur (View Map)
- Operating hours: 6 AM to 10 PM
- Contact no: 077-674-0729, 077-674-0686, 0917-799-0121, 0920-967-0608
9. Bistro 23
Looking to end your day in Vigan with a bottle of beer and pulutan? Head on over to Bistro 23. There’s a live acoustic band show every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights, which you can enjoy while munching on their tokwa’t bagnet and baby back ribs. Or if you’re really adventurous, try out their sizzling balut.
- Price Range: Ranges from P130 to P240.
- Address: 29 Salcedo St. Corner 21 Gov. A. Reyes St., 2700 Vigan, Ilocos Sur (View Map)
- Operating hours: Sun-Thurs 11am-2pm and 5pm-11pm; Fri & Sat 11am-2pm ; 5pm-2am
- Contact no:0935 213 4123
If you’re working with a budget, Tessie’s Restaurant is less than 10 minutes away from Calle Crisologo. The two-storey budget restaurant is perfect if you’re on a budget and craving for Filipino food. Aside from serving carinderia standards like –silog meals, you can also try their kimlo, a lomi dish infused with Korean kimchi.
- Price Range: Price range from P50 to P110.
- Address: #52 Gen. Luna St., Vigan City, Ilocos Sur, Vigan City, Ilocos Sur (View Map)
- Operating hours: 6 AM to 10 PM
- Contact no:+63 77 722 2639
Enjoy a fun experience and check out other tourist spots to visit, things to do and more in Vigan. Discover cheap hotel deals and cheap flights from carriers like Philippine Airlines, AirAsia, and more with Traveloka!